Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Blessing in Our Life



As mentioned in a previous post, we had a tree fall in our yard. Grandpa Bart seemed to be over the next day with his chain saw in hand ready to get to work. He calls it the "toothpick" and has literally had to whittle it away with his chainsaw. He tells us he doesn't mind the work and actually seems to enjoy it. We feel so blessed to have him so close. We also appreciate the love and support he gives to us. With baseball season in full swing, Ryan is seldom home being at the school from 6am-9pm every night. Grandpa Bart is truly a blessing in our life and we appreciate the sacrifice and service he has rendered to us. For being in his 70s, he works like he is in his 30s. Truly a great example of getting to work! Thank you Grandpa Bart for your time, love, and hard work! WE LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

Bart said...

I'm just glad no one was hurt when it fell, and am very grateful to be able to help out a bit. It's been good for me to get some fresh air and some exercise. I am getting older, no doubt, but it makes me feel good to know that I can still do things to help others, even though I'm much slower than I was at half this age. I feel blessed to be a part of your lives.

Love you all forever,

Grandpa Bart

meegz said...

Family close is a blessing that's for sure.:)